- YA books are full of raw emotion. The teen years are a time when everything feels so heightened and intense, and it feels like the stakes are so high with every little decision you make.
- YA books show that anyone can bring about change. Look at Katniss and Tris. If you looked at where they’d come from, you wouldn’t assume that girls from District 12 and Abnegation would end up leading revolutions. But, due to their circumstances, they became passionate about their causes and led others to stand up for what was right.
- YA books show the excitement of all the firsts – a first love, a first kiss, a first heartbreak.
- YA characters haven’t been jaded yet. They’re not bogged down with bills, an overbearing boss or PTA meetings. Their whole lives are in front of them, and there’s excitement in knowing anything is possible.
- YA books are all about hope. Hope in love. Hope in justice. Hope in a better future. Hope that anyone can be the hero of their own story.
What are some of the reasons you love reading YA books? Let me know in the comments below.